Our policy on school uniform is based on the notion that wearing a school uniform promotes a sense of pride in the school and engenders a sense of community and belonging. We believe our uniform is practical and smart.
- Navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan (with logo can be purchased from Sign of the Times)
- White shirt or polo shirt
- Grey or black trousers, skirt, pinafore or uniform shorts
- Blue checked summer dresses
- Black shoes or plain black trainers
- Middlethorpe PE t-shirt or a plain white t-shirt
- Black shorts
- Black shoes or trainers for outside
- Jogging bottoms and jumpers may be worn for outdoor PE
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery at school. The exceptions to the rule are:
- Small, stud earrings are permitted; hoops or any other type of earring are not.
- If you would like your child to have earrings, please have the piercing done at the start of the Summer Holiday. This allows for the 6 weeks they will need to retain the ‘keeper’ earrings in their ears.
- Children MUST take earrings out for PE. Staff are not allowed to remove earrings. If your child cannot remove their own earrings then please ensure you can take them out before he/she comes to school on PE days.
- Children may wear an inexpensive watch. (Apple watches are not allowed)
- Children may not wear make up or nail varnish.
- No items of jewellery are permitted i.e rings, bracelets, costume jewellery etc.